A community of technology community managers, leaders, and builders.

4 lessons from the trenches of community management

This a good article from @jhibbets on opensource.com, really good advices.
Can we start working with opensource.com and offer this forum as the official forum? They don’t have a forum now and it seems to me that the objectives are common. What do you think @jonobacon and @jhibbets ?

You beat me to it. I was going to add this post to the knowledgebase (once I figure out how that works). Can you talk more about the idea of a forum, my team has talked about that, but we didn’t want to take on another project to monitor (as i only have four people on my team). While I don’t want to step on any toes here with the CLS efforts, I’d be curios to get your thoughts @alefattorini on what you think the Opensource.com community might talk about. I think there would be some similarities, but I wouldn’t want conversations to go /way/ off topic from community management.
jh

I think an unique forum where community manager can discuss it’s a good thing, you site is a fantastic resource, I’m following it daily and I believe that joining forces bring benefits to all. What would be the downsides? Here there are already some people who take part and feed the forum, there would be no need of heavy work on your part
But i’m waiting for @jonobacon thought :slight_smile:

Uh you’re talking about this forum here :slight_smile:

Thanks for the article, very good :smiley: I’m sharing it on social

Thanks to for being the kind sponsor for this forum!