A community of technology community managers, leaders, and builders.

A batch of new forum updates!

Hi Everyone,

I am delighted to share a bunch of forum updates that are designed to get this forum up and running and make it a fun, thriving place to be. The details are below.

Additional Login Providers

I have switched in some additional login providers, namely Google and GitHub. I will also be adding Twitter soon.

This will make it easier for people to sign up.

Category Re-org

Our categories were a bit of a mess so I spent some time tonight cleaning them up. This should make it much easier to categorize discussions as well as search for older topics.

I also added some additional categories:

• Cool Stuff - I merged some of the other categories in here to keep it neater.
  • This Forum - this is where forum suggestions, support, and updates can be posted.

The categories have also been reordered so you don’t have to scroll as much when viewing or posting.

Easier and more effective job postings

In addition to re-orging the Careers category, I have added a template for the Job Postings sub-category. This will pre-fill the post with the most important pieces of information required to illustrate what the role is. It looks like this:

This will ensure we can have the very best job postings here and keep food on the table for our community!

More updates coming soon!

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Awesome. Thanks for the updates. I appreciate all of the work you put into this site. I hope more become active and it truly becomes a community of managers sharing best practices, etc.

Small typo on the Cool Stuff -> Interesting Finds category name :slight_smile:

… oh, and :thumbsup: on the Twitter login to add :blush:

Fixed. Thanks!

Hope to have this online soon!

Great updates.

Have you considered setting up for email posting, i.e. being able to post by replying to emails sent from Discourse?

Thanks to for being the kind sponsor for this forum!