Lead by Rikki Endsley, Red Hat and Opensource.com.
One of the ways Opensource.com helps open source projects is with interview series for conferences and promoting things on social media. Work a lot with first-time writers, non-native English speakers.
Do we use collaborative tools like Google Docs? - Yes! We accept content many different ways, however the writers are comfortable.
How someone balances corporate vs grassroots?
- don't promote company products on a community site
- branding is another topic, how you brand your community / how close is it to a corporate brand
What's the balance between addressing questions as "the project" versus community members
- yes! you should answer as yourself in most cases; sometimes when you need a more official answers or moderation a project leader should do it as them
- we think it's great when community members can answer questions directly
How to deal with people who are too "marketey" and want to promote products with jargon
- be direct; provide suggestions on ways to improve things that will be a fit for your community