A community of technology community managers, leaders, and builders.

Community Management training at OSCON, LinuxCon

Hi All,

Apologies for the self-promotion, but I figured it would be of interest to the group.

I am going to be delivering my Community Management Training workshop at the forthcoming OSCON, LinuxCon North America, and LinuxCon Europe events.

Each workshop is a full day of training that covers how communities work, building a strategic plan, governance, building infrastructure/processes, conflict resolution, and more. It is very applicable to building both external and internal communities.

Space is limited, so be sure to book early!

More information is in my recent blog post: http://www.jonobacon.org/2014/06/11/community-management-training-at-oscon-linuxcon-north-america-and-linuxcon-europe/

Jono,

Unfortunately I will not be able to join the CLS in Portland, but I think the workshop in October could be an option. Thanks for letting us know about it!

I am trying to register there, but it seems that it is only available for people attending the conference (which I would like to do but I do not have the time). Is it possible to only register to the Workshop?

Thanks for your reply.

How does the content compare to the tutorial at OSCON last year? (Which was great.)

At first glance it looks like it’s probably fairly similar.

Would it be worth attending again this year if we went last time?

It is going to be pretty similar in topics, but the examples and areas of discussion will differ.

Thanks to for being the kind sponsor for this forum!