Developer Advocate at CircleCI
Overview of role
Our mission is to help people everywhere build and deliver software at the speed of imagination. As a developer advocate at CircleCI, you will have extensive influence over our voice, content, community building, and ecosystem.
This is a position for engineers who love connecting with developers and speaking publicly about developer productivity and team success on conference panels, at user groups, on blogs, in docs, and internally. Your work grows and sustains the large community of developers who rely on CircleCI as a fundamental part of their daily work.
Core tasks and responsibilities
- Define and scale the developer advocacy program at CircleCI
- Be the main proponent and champion for our API Work with the open source community building on (or potentially building on) CircleCI
- Speak at conferences on behalf of CircleCI, organize meetups, and host events
- Monitor and respond to technical questions on Twitter, Stack Overflow, Quora, our Discuss community, and elsewhere
- Create content that speaks to our audience of developers: conference talks, blog posts, videos, and more
- Advocate with product, marketing, engineering, and revenue teams for changes we can make on behalf of our customers – be the chief listener, consolidater, and report-backer on issues our customers are having, what other players in the space are doing, and where we can make improvements
- Build a partner ecosystem and work on opportunities for expanding our partner and developer ecosystem
- Be the main point of contact, editor, and translator for the marketing team to help make sure communications are technically correct and tonally appropriate for our audience
- An engineering/CS background – you don’t need a CS degree, but you will need to be able to create sample projects, code tutorials, and work with/on our API
- To enjoy networking, hosting events, and speaking – we’re looking for someone who is energized by meeting new people
- To be self-directed and strategic: the ideal candidate will be able to set a course, articulate why that course will deliver the highest value and impact to the company, and execute on that direction
- A deep understanding of CI/CD and DevOps more generally. You should be familiar with our product and be able to articulate why CircleCI can help engineering teams be more productive, happier, and successful
- Experience conceiving, testing, and scaling successful programs
- A track record of hosting successful events
How to apply
You can apply here.
A San Francisco, California role which will occasionally include travel.