SUSE is looking for a PR, communication and marketing expert for the openSUSE Team.
- handle communication from SUSE and the openSUSE team through team blog, mailing lists and social media
- interact directly with community members to engage, drive participation and grow the contributor base
- work to define and achieve goals for openSUSE marketing, coordinating efforts and building global teams representing the community at events and on-line, creating and distributing materials and marketing releases and products
- stay informed on community functioning, needs and positions, representing openSUSE internally in SUSE and externally to press, industry and other communities
- keep updated on key technologies around online collaboration and communication to help the community grow and move forward
- work with the openSUSE board in governing openSUSE, dealing with conflicts, finding directions, improving communication and handling day-to-day functioning
- Experience in collaboration, getting people together and building teams in Free/Open Source communities
- Fluent in English (written and verbal). Strong emphasis on good English-writing capabilities.
- Strong interest in community building and software development and distribution technology
- Collaboration-minded, practical and a positive attitude
- Ability to take but also give responsibility and work with others
- Used to work with others on-line and in an international environment
- In-depth knowledge of developer networks / networking
- Good communications, time management, and interpersonal skills
The following skills and experiences are required:
- Solid technical expertise and background in Linux, Open Source, and web development technologies.
- A strong free software background with active participation in free software projects in general and openSUSE in particular
- Convinced of agile development
- Passion for managing and motivating people to do great stuff
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge in presentation of technical content and moderation of workshops.
- Highly organized individual.
- Very good English skills
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular