A community of technology community managers, leaders, and builders.

Redhat is looking for a manager for its community team

Hello,

A friend of mine shared with me this very interesting job offer: https://social.icims.com/viewjob/pt1473255619537e41eb

Here is the description.

Job summary
The Red Hat Open Source and Standards (OSAS) team is looking for an Associate Manager, Software Engineering to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding community growth and success in the upstream projects under the OSAS office, as well as providing support for additional open source projects of interest to Red Hat. You’ll oversee a small team of community leads who work directly with the upstream projects and coordinate with other stakeholders in the business and OSAS.

Primary job responsibilities
Set high-level goals for community leads based on feedback from Red Hat stakeholders
Work with community leads for upstreams supported directly by OSAS and additional communities as needed
Lead cross-team communication around community conferences, high-level objectives
Consult with other departments inside Red Hat around upstream strategy for projects outside OSAS umbrella
Lead long-term and strategic projects such as high priority events and major community initiatives
Hire and onboard new community leads; co-develop short, medium, and long-term objectives with leads
Provide continuity for projects by ensuring community leads create and maintain sufficient documentation of their workflow, responsibilities, contacts, and infrastructure
Plan and manage community budget; this includes working with leads to draft budgets for each community that include funding for specific objectives, as well as budget tracking, approving expenses, tracking purchase orders, etc.
Speak on open source topics on behalf of Red Hat or upstream projects

Required skills
Exceptional organizational skills; ability to plan and manage both short- and long-term projects
Experience speaking at industry events and community conferences
Ability to manage a team budget for travel and events, as well as a substantial budget for community activities
Fluent English language skills and excellent writing skills; background or experience in writing for publications is a plus
Ability to manage a diverse group of individual contributors with disparate goals
Experience in event planning, budgeting, and execution

I might know some folks fit for that. I’ll pass it along!

If anyone is interested in this and would like a referral, please let me know (it’s my extended team :slight_smile:

you are interested to get the incentive :slight_smile: ???

The incentive would be nice, but more importantly, this person will end up on my team (which means going to conferences, working on projects, and maybe sitting beside them), so I’d like to make sure we get someone fantastic!

Hello, I was kidding for the incentive :wink:

Thanks to for being the kind sponsor for this forum!