In just under a month as I write this, the Community Leadership Summit 2014 kicks off in Portland, Oregon on 18-19 July 2014. More details on the event are at http://www.communityleadershipsummit.com/ - be sure to see the attendee list, we have some tremendous folks joining us!
As previous attendees will know, CLS is an unconference which means that anyone can organize and run a session, and we schedule those sessions on the morning of each day.
We do however, like to encourage attendees to work together before the event to share ideas for sessions and put together plans for how to get the most out of them. In particular, those with a shared interest in a session often work together.
So, let’s get this train rolling, but how do you do this? Simple!
How To Organize a Session
- Click the logo in the top left of this forum to go back to the main forum page.
- Click the
Create Topicbutton in the top-right of this forum to create a new topic.
- In the box that says
Uncategorizedchange the category to CLS Session Idea.
- Set the topic of the post to a summary of the session topic.
- In the body of the post describe what you would like to discuss, what kind of input you are interested in, and other details.
- Finally, promote the session on your social media accounts and with friends and colleagues to encourage them to read it.
Other attendees can then have a conversation in the topic about the session and you can identify areas to collaborate.
Areas of collaboration could include:
- Bringing research or data to the session.
- Providing input and experience.
- Taking notes.
- Promoting the session so people join.
- . . .
We look forward to seeing your session ideas!