A community of technology community managers, leaders, and builders.

Werewolf at CLS

Come out and play a few games of werewolf at the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne after CLS on Saturday. Details: http://calagator.org/events/1250466619

Both new and experienced players are welcome. We will explain all of the rules that you need to know.

We’ll start gathering in the private room around 6:30pm for drinks and food. The game starts at 7pm.

Donations are appreciated for the room rental. You also need to buy your own food and drinks :slight_smile:

Thanks, @geekygirldawn for sharing the invite.

For those people who have never experienced Werewolf before, can you provide an overview of the game for those who may be interested in joining?

Thanks!

Thanks, @bkerensa

The first time I saw the game being played was at FooCamp many moons ago, and I am not going to deny…it looked a little…weird. :smile:

People love it and have a tonne of fun though, so be sure to pop along if you want to give it a whirl!

If someone has a copy of The Resistance (or The Resistance: Avalon), I’d recommend that. Werewolf is fun, but can kinda suck when you die the first night and are quickly ejected from the game. The advantage of The Resistance is that players don’t die, which means every player participates for the entire duration of the game.

Jyee - good point. We actually take steps to reduce the impact of getting killed off early. At some events (FooCamp) games can last hours, and it sucks when you get killed early. We only play with timed rounds (day cycles of 4-5 minutes) so that we can fit 5+ games into an evening, and each game lasts 20-40 minutes depending on the number of players.

Thanks to for being the kind sponsor for this forum!