This is somewhat of a re-post from last year’s summit, but I would like to know who to engage members with surveys.
To provide some background of myself, I am the community manager for the Global Rational User Community. We have 115 regional and virtual user groups within the community. Lately, we have struggled with getting user group members to complete the survey.
The only time we received optimal responses is when we presented the members with a chance to win a $50 gift card. Because of our budget, we do not have enough for giveaways, and we would still like to encourage them to complete the surveys.
Some of the topics I would like to discuss are:
- What platform do you use to survey members?
- Which questions yielded the best responses and which did not?
- Is it better to reach out to members via the phone than it is to use a platform such as SurveyGizmo?
- How long should a survey take to complete?
- Are surveys relevant anymore?
I’m not sure if I digressed from my original question, but surveys seem to be a major pain point in our marketing strategies. I would love a quick discussion on this, and any help prior to the conference would be much appreciated!
User Group Manager, IBM Communities
Baptie & Company
5300 DTC Parkway, Suite 250
Greenwood Village, CO 80111